Deli Dirt Everything Bagel Hummus March 04 2015
There comes a time when you want hummus and you don't have any tahini. I know you can make hummus without tahini, but sometimes it just isn't the same. Enter: mustard.
I've already created a garlic mustard hummus. Now, to one-up the grocery store everything bagel hummus, I decided to make some hummus with Deli Dirt, our everything bagel mustard. Here's the recipe:
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 heaping tablespoons Deli Dirt - Everything Bagel Mustard
- Pinch of Garlic powder
- Pinch of Minced onion
- Pinch of Black pepper
- Pinch of Kosher salt (big crystals)
- Pinch of Sesame seeds (optional)
- Pinch of Caraway seeds (optional)
- In a food processor, puree the chickpeas and garlic with the olive oil, lemon juice, and Deli Dirt mustard until smooth and creamy. Make sure to scrape the bowl to get everything incorporated. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water as necessary to achieve the desired consistency. (I didn't add any)
- Transfer to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine, garlic powder, minced onion, black pepper, kosher salt, sesame seeds, and caraway seeds
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the topping you just made before serving.
- Serve alongside toasted naan (you can buy it in bulk in Costco) or pita chips. Your choice! I had it with carrots because I'm all healthy and stuff.