Prep time: 15 minutes | Serves: 8-10 (it's a great party dish)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 large onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
2 pounds of ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning
1/2 cup Sweet Sombrero Jalapeno Mustard
One 16-oz can of diced tomatoes (or your favorite salsa)
1/2 bag of crushed tortilla chips (I used Green Mountain Salsa’s Tortilla Strips)
1 cup shredded cheese - taco blend
Salsa for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Heat large saute pan on medium-high heat. Add olive oil, onion, garlic and jalapenos. Cook until translucent and softened.
3. Brown ground beef and add the taco packet. Mix together.
4. Place ground beef in a 9x13 inch baking dish and press down.
5. Spread mustard across the top with a spatula. Add diced tomatoes, tortilla chips, and shredded cheese.
6. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
7. Cut into squares and serve with extra salsa on the side.