Prep Time: 3 Hours | Servings: 4-6
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Large onion, finely diced
3 Garlic cloves, minced
2 Pounds beef chuck, in 1-inch cubes
2 Tablespoons flour
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1/2 Cup cognac, brandy, or red wine
2 Cups unsalted beef stock
1/2 Cup Garlic & Oregano Mustard
4 Tablespoons Wholegrain Mustard
4 Medium carrots, peeled and cut into half-moons
2 Tablespoons butter or olive oil
1/2 Pound mushrooms, stemmed, cleaned, and quartered
1/4 Cup red wine
1. Heat dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic cloves. Soften and set aside.
2. Dust beef with flour and season with salt & pepper. Cook until well browned on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add wine to pan to deglaze. Add mustard in and mix. Add beef and onion mixture.
4. Lower heat and simmer until meat is tender - about 1 1/4 hours. If it gets thick, add water until you reach desired thickness.
5. Add carrots and simmer for another 40 minutes.
6. Add oil to pan and saute mushrooms. Stir with red wine and simmer for a minute. Serve over noodles, quinoa, or rice.